The summer driving season is in full swing. And if youre like most people then youve probably been spending more time on the road lately. That means your tires are getting more wear and tear.
There are also a lot of hazards on the roads, which means your tires need to be in top shape. After all, your tires are one of the most important parts of your vehicle when it comes to safety. So you have to be sure youre taking care of them. Proper tire maintenance will go a long way in keeping you safe on the road in your Subaru, Toyota or Honda. So heres what you need to do to get the most out of your tires.
Proper Tire Maintenance
1. Rotate Your Tires The best thing you can do for your tires is to rotate them regularly. Most manufacturers recommend getting your tires rotated every 5,000 miles. Some say its OK to get this service done every 7,000 miles. Either way, dont put this important maintenance service off. Getting your tires rotated will help extend their life greatly. In addition, in many cases, if you dont get them rotated regularly you might void the warranty. You tire tread wears differently so its vital to get them rotated to keep your tread wear even.
2. New Tires on the Rear Axle If you do buy new tires put them on the back. Its ideal to buy new tires in sets of four, but if youre only replacing two tires, then always put the new ones on the rear axle. This helps you have better control of your vehicle, especially in bad traction.
3. Tire Pressure Matters Your tire pressure is also extremely important. Driving on deflated tires can be very dangerous. Always keep your tire pressure at the recommended level. You can usually get this information on the sidewall of the tire, or from the owners manual. If youre not sure you can always bring your vehicle into Hoesly Automotive and well check your tire pressure for you. Its best to check your tire pressure regularly. At the very least, check it before you go on a long trip. If the pressure is low, be sure to inflate them to the appropriate level. Also, be careful not to overinflate them.
4. Check Your Tread You should also keep a close eye on your tire tread. Look for any uneven wear patterns or damage. Check your tread depth often and if its getting low, then dont wait to have the tire experts at Hoesly Automotive take a look. Measuring the tread depth is easy. All you need is a quarter. Just insert the quarter upside down into the tire groove. If you can see above Washingtons head, then its time for some new rubber.
5. Keep Your Wheels Aligned Making sure your wheels are aligned is another important step to long-lasting tires. If your alignment is off, the weight of your vehicle wont be spread evenly, which leads to the uneven tread wear. Uneven tread wear means a shorter lifespan for your tires, and unsafe driving conditions.
6. Balance Your Tires In addition to rotating your tires regularly you need to keep them properly balanced. Doing this each time you get your tires rotated is an easy way to remember this important service. If you havent had your tires rotated and balanced in a while, then its probably time to get it done. Just schedule your appointment today to come see us at Hoesly Automotive.
Trust Your Tire Repair to Hoesly Automotive
If you want to be safe every time you get out on the road, your tires are an extremely important part of that goal. When you fail to maintain your tires properly, you run a greater risk of losing control of your vehicle and getting into a serious accident. Dont take your tire maintenance lightly. Get your tires checked out to make sure theyre safe. And if you need new tires then get into Hoesly Automotive as soon as you can. Our tire experts will get you the right tires for your vehicle and get you safely back on the road.
Contact us Today for Vancouver Auto Repair
Just call us today or click here to schedule your appointment online. Come see us at Hoesly Automotive for trusted Ford, Chevy, and Toyota auto repair. We service most makes and models, including Subaru, Honda, and Toyota as well.